Total 71 participants from 21 warehouses, DGFP MIS unit, DGFP L&S unit and MOHFW attended the workshop and shared their experience and thinking for way forward.
The workshop was chaired by Md. Kafil Uddin, Director (Logistics & Supply), where Mr. Faikuzzaman Chowdhury, Director (Finance and Line Director FSDP) took the chair of the chief guest and Mr. Zahir Uddin Babar, Director (MIS) was present as special guest.
The overall objectives of the workshop were;
- To refresh knowledge and upgrading skills of warehouse staff
- To review warehousing and distribution functions which led to efficient management of inventory
- Overview of revised supply manual
- Stock status review
- Optimum utilization of storage space
- Buffer stock review
- Unusable/Slow moving and obsolete items status review
- Transport Management
- Rules and Regulations – Private transport, Security, Supplier contract, Circulars etc.
- Supervision & Monitoring
- Share experience and knowledge among the warehouses
- Technical review of Warehouse Inventory Management System (WIMS) for upgrading the features according to need
- How Supply Chain Information Portal (SCIP) data can be used in decision making
- Critical review of LMIS (data mismatch, data error, reporting time, feedback mechanism etc.)
- Discuss different logistics issues including some administrative and financial issues to get directives from the authority
The workshop started with self introduction among the participants followed by objective clarifications and welcome address by Md. Saiful Islam, Additional Director, Central warehouse of DGFP.
- The workshop was conducted in an atmosphere that every participants had the opportunity to talk and share their experience
- The workshop was designed in a way that every session had a power point presentation followed by open discussion and get consensus on the specific decision
- There were question and answer session in between each of the presentations
- After every discussions DGFP high officials tried to make the clear understanding among the participants how to address the issues
- Each and every discussions ended by taking few specific decision
- An official regulation on the workshop will be circulated among the stakeholders within two weeks of the workshop
- Technical review of warehouse tools were taken place and recommendations from the participants had been listed for up gradation of the tools
Workshop proceeding was developed on the basis of discussion and decision taken in the workshop and circulated among the participants for implementation.