The Upazila Inventory Management System (UIMS) is a computer program developed by the USAID | DELIVER PROJECT and updated by the Strengthening Pharmaceutical Systems (SPS) Program/Management Sciences for Health (MSH) for the Directorate General of Family Planning (DGFP)
How it's used:
The Upazila Inventory Management System (UIMS) is a software to maintain inventory at Upazila (Sub-district) family planning stores. It enables Upazila Family Planning Store staff to maintain stock of commodities, monitor field reporting, generates supply plan, automated issue voucher generation & automated monthly Logistics Management Information System (eLMIS) reporting.
- Automatically calculates supply quantity based on historical data.
- Automatically generates issue vouchers based on supply plan.
- Generates monthly eLMIS report and allows one-click upload to central web site (Supply Chain Information Portal -SCIP)
- No need to enter field staff names every month in supply plan and issue voucher, which reduces workload of Upazila staff.
- Permits the user to monitor reporting & performance of field staff.
- Can be considered as a digital stock ledger for any Upazila.
- Not web based. Requires training to operate.
Where it has been applied:
Directorate General of Family Planning under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Bangladesh
UIMS is currently installed in 488 upazila stores out of 488. Click HERE to get the operational status of UIMS at different upazilas.
To learn more, please download "UIMS"